SSIG – Call for abstracts extended deadline to March 31
4 – 5 MAY 2023 – ALMERIA, SPAIN
This year’s meeting will be hosted by the Estación Experimental de Zonas Áridas (Spanish National Research Council) in Almeria, Spain, and facilitated by Sahara Conservation the 4 and 5 May.
Call for abstracts
We have extended the deadline for abstracts for contributed presentations for oral and poster presentations to 31 March 2023.
If you would like to present during the meeting, please submit your abstract using the online form.
- Protected area management models in the Sahara and Sahel region
- Insights on species biology and implications for in situ and ex situ conservation of populations
- Human-wildlife interactions and community engagement in the Sahara and Sahel
- Animal, human, and environmental health concerns in the Sahara and Sahel
May 3: Arrival of participants
May 4: Day 1 of the meeting
May 5: Day 2 of the meeting – Gala dinner at night
May 6: Departure of the participants
The registration fee for the conference is US$165 or 150€, including coffee breaks, lunches, gala dinner and transportation from hotels to the meeting venue and dinner place.
The payment link is in the registration form – or you can access it from here directly: https://saharaconservation.org/registration-to-the-ssig-meeting/
For a wire transfer, please contact Julie Martin.
You can find all the information you need on hotels here
Invitation letters for Visas
If you need a visa, please mention it on the registration form and we will send you the document as soon as possible in order to get your visa on time.
Step by step guide
- Click on the link to complete the registration form online by March 31st.
- Pay the registration fee. The payment link is in the registration form – or open it from here directly: pay the registration fees.
- If you would like to give a presentation at the meeting, please submit an abstract no later than March 31st. A schedule of talks will be circulated to registered delegates in advance of the meeting.
In case you encounter any technical issue at any stage of your registration process or need more information, please write to: email@example.com
Organising and sponsoring entities