2023 Sahel and Sahara Interest Group meeting – Registration is open!
4 – 5 MAY 2023 – ALMERIA, SPAIN
The Sahel & Sahara Interest Group was born in 1998 on the back of a meeting organized by the Convention on Migratory Species in Djerba, Tunisia, to adopt an action plan for endangered Sahelo-Saharan antelopes. Since then, the meeting has become an annual forum for all those working on environment, conservation and sustainable development in arid lands of North Africa and the Middle East.
Facilitated by the Sahara Conservation team, the meeting is a unique opportunity to bring people together to share ideas and projects, and to continue a strong tradition of collaboration on behalf of Sahelo-Saharan wildlife and people.
The meeting will be hosted by the Estación Experimental de Zonas Áridas (Spanish National Research Council) in Almeria, Spain, and facilitated by Sahara Conservation the 4 and 5 May.
- Protected area management models in the Sahara and Sahel region
- Insights on species biology and implications for in situ and ex situ conservation of populations
- Human-wildlife interactions and community engagement in the Sahara and Sahel
- Animal, human, and environmental health concerns in the Sahara and Sahel
May 3: Arrival of participants
May 4: Day 1 of the meeting
May 5: Day 2 of the meeting – Gala dinner at night
May 6: Departure of the participants
The registration fee for the conference is US$165 or 150€, including coffee breaks, lunches, gala dinner and transportation from hotels to the meeting venue and dinner place.
The payment link is in the registration form – or you can access it from here directly: https://saharaconservation.org/registration-to-the-ssig-meeting/
For a wire transfer, please contact Julie Martin.
You can find all the information you need on hotels here
Invitation letters for Visas
If you need a visa, please mention it on the registration form and we will send you the document as soon as possible in order to get your visa on time.
Call for abstracts
If you would like to present during the meeting, please submit your abstract before 17 March 2023 using the online form
Step by step guide
- Click on the link to complete the registration form online by March 31st.
- Pay the registration fee. The payment link is in the registration form – or open it from here directly: pay the registration fees.
- If you would like to give a presentation at the meeting, please submit an abstract no later than March 17th. A schedule of talks will be circulated to registered delegates in advance of the meeting.
In case you encounter any technical issue at any stage of your registration process or need more information, please write to: email@example.com
Organising and sponsoring entities